Thursday, August 23, 2018

It Is a Good Day For a Bike Ride



August is hot!  It is sunny and humid.   It is too hot for running or hiking.  I don't even want to go to the beach when the sun is so strong.

Biking is the perfect activity for August.

There is always a breeze when I am cruising along on my bike.  (And I don't even go very fast.)

I have been biking a lot the last couple of weeks and I was surprised to notice physical benefits:

  • strong thighs 
  • toned glutes 
  • strengthened stomach muscles


Cycling is also a good way to control weight because it raises your metabolic rate and burns body fat.  Regular cycling simulates and improve your heart, lungs and circulation which reduces risk of cardiovascular diseases.  Also research has shown that cycling can reduce chance of the bowel and breast cancer.   Better HealthCalorieBee

I did notice that when I first started biking this summer my glutes and back would hurt and my legs would tire quickly.  I solved that problem by only going on short bike rides.  As the summer progressed and my body got used to my bike I could go farther.

The more I have used my bike the more gadgets I have added.  Usually I use a small backpack to carry my cell phone and water bottle.  But I was concerned about water spilling on my cell phone so I bought a water bottle holder.  Now I can bring water without worrying about spilling.













I also wanted something to carry bigger things like a beach chair.  So I installed a bike rack.













Recently a friend gave me a mirror so that I can see behind if a car is coming.  It works great, now I don't have to turn my entire body to the left to see if I can cross the street.














You should get out your bike and go for ride when it is too hot to go for a walk.  It is fun and good for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment