Thursday, May 3, 2018

Listen To A Podcast While You Hike

I have read a lot of articles about the benefits of hiking.  I hike in the woods because I enjoy it.  I am lucky that I enjoy activities that are good for me.

That is the trick to living a healthy life and exercising.  Find something you love.  Don't just exercise because it is "healthy".

A couple of years ago I decided swimming in a lap pool a couple of days/week would be good for me.  It is an aerobic activity that is easy on my joints.  So I did it.  I did not enjoy it.  It was a lot different swimming indoors as compared to outside.   There was too much chlorine and no sunshine.  I continued doing it for about six weeks but I had to force myself to go and it became a chore.

It is very important to find something you enjoy.

When I go on "long" (over 20 minutes) hikes I like listening to audio books.  You are probably aware that you can purchase audio books from  iTunes or Audible, or borrow an audible book from your library.

You can also listen to books as a podcast.  Craftlit is an internet site, podcast and smart phone app where you can listen to classic books.  I didn't know I liked classic books until I started listening.

The hostess, Heather,  explains complicated terms and provides context which is really helpful.  She has completed many books:  Dracula, Count of Monte Cristo, Jane Eyre, Gulliver's Travels, The Tale of Two Cities and many more.  Check it out.

The link to the internet site is here: https://craftlit.com

I usually download the desired Craftlit podcast to my iPhone using the iTunes store app and then the podcast app.

No comments:

Post a Comment